The earth is a big place of which we are the custodians, and we need to take care of it. Genesis 1:26 “Then God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.’”
Below are some simple ways we can help to take care of the wonderful creation God has given us.
10) Use re-chargeable batteries.
9) Take a nature hike and see many of the different aspects of creation first hand.
6) Plant a few trees – this will encourage the CO2 and O2 cycle (plants take in the CO2 and release clean O2 ).
5) Read some facts about the earth and energy, and what you can do. (When reading, keep in mind that many articles about the earth were not written by people who believe God is in control of the earth’s time as we know from Mark 13:31-33.)
4) Tackle a recycling project.
3) Find recipes which use what you have grown in your garden.
2) Get your church engaged in a project that involves restoring some part of the earth.
1) Read about the Creation in Genesis.
By Megan Skinner